You know you are a member of the 29th when...

Comments

• When you re-enlist... Again.

• When this is you:
    enter image description here

• You suddenly hear "Oh God, not again!!" and you get blown up by a grenade.

• When you stay awake until 03:00AM on your day off just to join the EST drills.

• You know you're in the 29th because you are in the 29th

• You start hearing about "how good the old forum was" from day 1 and you eventually end up saying it yourself, even if you've never seen that forum layout.

• @PFC Poretti said:
    You start hearing about "how good the old forum was" from day 1 and you eventually end up saying it yourself, even if you've never seen that forum layout.

You've never seen the old forum? It was a great ;)

• This was on the old forum but it should be on here:
    When you ask for a Donner Bolts in a kebab shop.

• When you have Nam flashbacks when the nade land right under you

• When you know you´re going to get promoted soon and you stop doing dangerous things so that nothing happens to you before getting that long-waited promotion.

• When you accidentally call your teacher Sergeant in the middle of class. :P

• @Pvt. McConville said:
    I am sure she dont mind have you unranked ahahah

• @Lt. Col. Wheatley said:
    When you have to have that awkward conversation with the girlfriend explaining what the 29th is and that's it much more complex than just "a bunch of guys playing video games".

To add to this, when you have drill obligations and you tell friends that you are "busy" on that night and can't do anything.

• @WO1 Brewer said:

Yeah is quite hard to explain to other people hahah

• When you press your push to talk key when you are talking to someone in the same room
    When you have TeamSpeak set up on 3 different computers
    When you take a second to respond to your first name

• edited May 2016

@Pvt. Alan said:
    Yeah is quite hard to explain to other people hahah

Some friends of mine wanted to meet up to jam on a Monday (a platoon drill night). I made one and they brought up meeting on Mondays regularly and I said "Oh uh... I can't do Mondays, I'm busy." And one of them asked "Oh do you jam with another band on Mondays?" I said "Yeah... that's what I do."

• @WO1 Brewer said:

Dude I feel it, I finally just maned up and told all my homies, I can't come out these days because of computer stuff. And they asked about it so I explained the 29th to em. They thought it was cool, so it worked out and I'm not that weird lol

• Haha well most of my friends do know but people I just meet I find it easier to just say I'm busy.

• you know you're a 29th member when you radio check teamspeak on another teamspeak channel

• This was on the old forum but it should be on here:
    When you ask for a Donner Bolts in a kebab shop

• @WO1 Brewer said:

thats was funny hahah

• you know you're a 29th member when you expect to write 29th password in every server you join xD

• When you are chilling with your friends after a dinner party and you have to excuse yourself for a hour to write down some "clinical notes" of your cases of the week and they find you with headphones on, playing and asking for indications about the mg position.

• When you tell your friends and family your drill schedule

• When you try to get someone to join the 29th from your state because you are the only one from that state. D:

• When you drop by after 4 years just to say hello. Glad to see the 29th is still alive and kicking. Too bad I had to re-register to the forums, I would have loved to post this with my old account.

Best Regards

T/4 Hopkins [29th Ret.]

• Welcome to the new and shiny forums T/4! You were before my time I am assuming, but its always nice to see some older members return!