Roleplaying Games (Pen and Paper, d20s etc)

So, do we have any nerds here? I wouldn't mind playing and/or GMing some sessions. In particular, it would be cool to set up an "Only War" campaign. For those of you who don't know, Only War is a game set in the Warhammer 40K universe, where you play as soldiers in an Imperial Guard regiment. You nerds will know what I'm talking about. It is very gritty and we will all die a lot, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I'd be up for other games too, just not DnD. Write if you're interested, disregard if you are too cool to play pretend!

Comments

• @PFC Atkinson always talks about this sort of stuff. I might be interested, I remember doing some DnD when I was really young. Also I know a bit about the 40k lore.

• Always been interested in doing an Only War game, just never found myself actually playing with anyone during college times since we were stuck playing "D&D: Make it up as you go" Edition. Still a laugh all the same though... Only found out about 40K roleplay about three years back but never had the dosh to buy the books.

I do believe there is a website where you can set up your game.

• edited September 2015

Yeah there are quite a few nice programs you can use. Roll20 makes it very simple to play online.

For those who are reading this and don't know about it, Only War is pretty much a squad/regiment simulator, but you are fighting aliens on alien planets and on space ships. The feel of the game is the same as Starship Troopers (or Band of Brothers with jump packs and laser rifles).

The thing is, even if it's just about fun it's also a commitment to play, just like with going to drills in the 29th. Only War would be a good game for it though, because if we could get a group of maybe 4-5 players, then it wouldn't matter as much if a player can't attend a session or two. It could be fun to try out a small campaign of maybe three sessions.

• If anyone else is interested we will be setting it up on teamspeak this Sunday 20/9 at 17.00, just after the AP1 drill.

• I posted this in the Picture thread but it belongs here too methinks ;)
    enter image description here

I'd love to join you guys but I really don't have the time these days. I wish you all good rolls!

• Such is life, SSgt! Too bad though, because we would save this spot to you if you could join!

enter image description here

Not pictured: His awesome chainsword.