Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh

Comments

• edited February 2018

The game is up on the steam store, with a release date stating Spring 2018!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum

I'm impressed with the sounds, how can a small indie developer have such good sounds, but a game like COD:ww2 the weapons sound like nailguns.

@PFC Buckley, how is the performance so far vs Squad?

• Performance as in? Gameplay? Technical?

• @PFC Buckley said:
    Performance as in? Gameplay? Technical?

I was thinking voice acting. Do the characters have the gravitas and depth of a young Anthony Hopkins and his little trumpet?

• @PFC Buckley said:
    Performance as in? Gameplay? Technical?

Performance as in, can you get above 35 fps. :P

• Depends on map, varies between 35-70 for me, not a lot has been done optimisation-wise so that'll only improve.

• developers interview with DiplexHeated! US Forces confirmed! He showcase some of them and shoots some weapons, the weapon sounds are amazing!

• That is amazing. Are the 3rd person animations and unit models final? Both look a bit wonky atm.

• This is indeed amazing! But i don't think the animations are final. The progress they are making is really nice to see though. I did not expect to see them working on US forces so quickly.

• models, animations and some of the sounds are all work in progress :)

• This bit of news puts it over the top for me. Great job by them identifying a huge request by the community. Can't wait to give it a try!

• I'm not too well versed in the market garden facts, but will we see much American armor to boot? To the best of my knowledge it was mostly British armor involved in this operation. Just curious if American armor is something to expect along with this.

• Well, we already have American tanks in the game, as the US sold them Shermans (Firefly in the game), but the US mainly had the U.S. 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions for Market Garden, so all airborne troops. They did have the U.S. 7th Armored Division who battled in the only tank on tank battle in the Netherlands at the Battle Of Overloon, they failed and the British 3rd Infantry Division and the British 11th Armoured Division took over. BUT, this battle took place after Operation Market Garden on September 30 (MG ended on September 25) as they were ordered to open up the way to the east of the Netherlands so a route could be made to Germany.

And there is the battle for Hell's Highway aka Highway 69, where British Sherman Firefly's were send out to support the US airborne troops (101st i believe). Perfect map for this scenario!

But they can still use the battle to add tanks.

• edited March 2018

@Cpl. McDonough said:

I'm not too well versed in the market garden facts, but will we see much American armor to boot? To the best of my knowledge it was mostly British armor involved in this operation. Just curious if American armor is something to expect along with this.

According to history 11th Armored Division was comprised of a mix of Regiments equipped with Cromwells, Fireflys, Stuarts and Lend/Lease or Canadian built Shermans, with the Recon Regiments being the only ones primarily equipped with Cromwells (the Sherman was the main tank for most Armored regiments).

So you may not see AMERICAN Armored Divisions but you should see American designed armor.

Common practice with the Fireflys (British upgunned and reworked turrets carrying 17pdrs on Sherman hulls) was to have them stationed behind the Shermans while the Shermans advanced under the cover of the Fireflys (which would in theory be able to penetrate Tiger tanks and Panthers at range). The downside was that the muzzle blast and recoil from the 17pdr tended to make follow up shots difficult and staying hidden virtually impossible.

• edited April 2018

Preorder is now available! Will get you into test sessions in May!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/

3 different version can be preordered, normal, deluxe and supporter:

Standard Edition: 30$ USD - 27,99€ EUR

• Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh
    • Access to pre-release weekend testing in May
    • 82nd & 101st US Airborne later this year

Deluxe Edition: 45$ USD - 37,99€ EUR

• Digital Artbook + Original Soundtrack

Supporter Edition: 60$ USD - 49,99€ EUR

• Digital Artbook + Original Soundtrack
  • Supporter Edition: 60$ USD

Post Scriptum: The Bloody Seventh
    Access to pre-release weekend testing in May
    82nd & 101st US Airborne later this year
    Digital Artbook + Original Soundtrack
    Early Access to US Airborne faction

• Live game session this weekend, from their Discord:

Attention! We are pleased to announce this weekend on Saturday, April 28th at 8PM GMT, 3PM CST, 4PM EST, 1PM PT we are hosting a live gameplay session with some of your favourite content creators.

Each creator will be streaming live gameplay of Post Scriptum on their appropriate channels and will be holding Steam Key giveaways.

This event is not to be missed!

• Saw some great streams last night, here are some highlights.

From our very own Buckles:

Sacriel's perspective of Buckles last highlight:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyGlutenFreeOxYouDontSay

Luetin's Highlights:

Desmolocke's full stream of the event (shows the AT gun in work at the start of the round)

More can be found on Post Scriptum's Discord

• Just for information, if you backed up Squad during their Kickstarter campaign, Offworld is offering you free keys for Post Scriptum!

To show our appreciation for the contributions all of you have made, we would like to offer all pre-Steam launch Founders and Backers the opportunity to redeem one Post Scriptum key per active Squad key for free beginning in mid to late April. This applies to all 15,000 dedicated supporters -- from the multipack Rangers and clans to the single key Backers. That means if you received two keys as part of your Squad backer tier, you will receive two Post Scriptum keys!

read more information and how to claim it here:
    http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=275

• Looks like the pre-order weekend testing will start this weekend. Should be good fun getting some WW2 action with 29th members.

• I picked it up. Played with some idiot trolls and it still ended up being fun, so that says something about the game.

• @TSgt. Raddish [Ret.] said:

I picked it up. Played with some idiot trolls and it still ended up being fun, so that says something about the game.

The game is extremely enjoyable so far despite my own personal performance issues. I find the atmosphere alone just something exciting to be a part of similar to squad. The sounds and effects make it a very cinematic and enjoyable experience win or lose.

• @Sgt. McDonough said:

The game is extremely enjoyable so far despite my own personal performance issues. I find the atmosphere alone just something exciting to be a part of similar to squad. The sounds and effects make it a very cinematic and enjoyable experience win or lose.

Yeah absolutely, that was my same sentiment as well

• Post Scriptum reminds me of the gameplay similar to DH Bridgehead, if you had a chance to play with with the spawn trucks.

• Testing for those who have preordered the game starts today I believe, 6pm GMT. Also it releases on the 18th of July which is this month.

I'll be working til 7 but if anyone has the pre order downloaded we can play for a bit tonight, hit up my steam and we'll head to TS.

• I hope the stability and performance has improved from the past tests, it feels like it is almost there but is lacking the polish that you find in other games. There are many quirks with the mechanics, odd behaviour of vehicles and weird pixelation at a distance making it feel like I need to have my character got to an optician.

It has a lot of potential to be a great game however I feel like they should have gone the same route of squad with figuring out their core mechanics and then building upon that with a longer open beta.

• How many do we have playing this one?

I bought it today and once downloading finished, I can be part of any squad ^^

• Uhhhh, I know a lot of people in Easy play it. I think it'd be good to just get everyone together and seed a server. @T5 Orhan

• So, should I get this or Yakuza 0? Considering either getting PS now, or waiting a few months until it's patched. It looks like it could be pretty good.

• edited August 2018

Launch Trailer